- Are you open during public holidays too?
Yes, our Kota Kemuning outlet is open on all public holidays, except for Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Hari Raya Aidil Adha. Please check our website or other social media platforms for special announcements.
- Is it possible to make lunch or dinner reservations?
Yes, please call the outlet to make reservations. Early reservations are recommended especially for group bookings to avoid disappointment.
- Do you accept credit or debit card at your café?
Yes, we accept both Visa and Master cards (debit and credit).
- Can I book the whole place for an event?
- Do you provide catering services?
Yes, we can cater for events up to 500 pax and can custom a menu to suit your budget.
- Can we custom a dessert table with you for our event?
Yes, our dessert tables can be customized and include our signature products such as choux pastries, fudgie brownies and various cupcakes and cakes.
- PRODUCT INFORMATION
- Are your products freshly made?
Definitely! We make all our bakes to order. That means we will bake them when you order them and there are no frozen products. Cakes served at the café are baked fresh daily too. Furthermore, we only use fresh premium ingredients, including real butter, milk, flour, sugar and eggs. No artificial flavourings or preservatives are added.
- Do you have vegetarian baked goods?
Yes we do. At the moment, we have a few flavours that can be made vegetarian. This include our signature chocolate cream cake and raspberry pistachio cake. Please walk-in to our outlet to place an order or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I have food allergies. Do you make anything wheat/ dairy/ nut free?
We use the finest dairy, flour and nut products. We recommend that you err on the side of caution and not consume any of our products if you have these food allergies.
- Do you have any gluten-free items?
Sorry not at the moment.
- Do you have anything sugar-free?
Sorry not at the moment.
- Can you customise a cake for me?
Sorry, we cannot customise a cake for you if you order online. The flavours on our website are signature/ popular flavours. However, we do have more than 150 flavours available. Call us at 03-51314604 or drop us an email at email@example.com to enquire on more cake flavours and designs. Alternatively, drop by our outlet to have a look at our big book of flavours!
- Are your prices nett?
No, all prices on the website excludes 6% Government Service Tax.
- Do you have wholesale prices?
Yes we do, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on getting supplies regularly for your café/ restaurant.
- Do you supply to other cafes?
Yes we do. At the moment, we supply to various cafes in Klang Valley. We also can help to promote you on our social media platforms or keep it confidential and exclusive. The choice is yours! Enquire via email at email@example.com.
2. ONLINE INFORMATION
- How far in advance should I place my order?
Online orders require a minimum of 7 days’ notice.
- What if I want my order earlier?
Kindly walk-in and place your order at our outlet. Minimum requirement for in-store order is 3 days in advance.
- Can I place my orders via email or phone?
Yes you can, but only for flavours not available on our website.
- Can I make changes or customisation to the products on the website?
Sorry, at this time, we do not allow any changes or customisation to our products on the website. For custom design or colour change etc., kindly proceed to our outlet to place an order or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I pay by credit card or online banking or Paypal?
Yes you can. Full payment is required when placing orders.
- How do I cancel my order?
Orders placed cannot be cancelled or exchanged. No refunds will be entertained.
- Can I change my order after checkout?
Unfortunately no. Kindly double check your orders before checkout.
- Are the cake toppers customisable?
Yes they are, kindly email email@example.com to enquire. Ready-made toppers are available at the outlet.
3. COLLECTION INFORMATION
- How do I collect my order?
Orders can be collected from the outlet. Collection are from Tuesdays to Sundays 12pm to 8pm, and is subject to the opening times of the outlet. Customers are responsible for their own timely collection.
- What should I bring to the outlet when I come to pick up my order?
A print out of your order confirmation email or the official receipt (pre-order) slip.
- Can I choose a specific time for collection?
Orders can be collected between Tuesdays to Sundays, 12 pm to 8pm and is subject to the opening times of the outlet. Please indicate the preferred time of collection at checkout.
- Can someone else collect my order on my behalf?
Yes. If you are appointing someone to collect on your behalf, we strictly require a print out of your order confirmation email or official receipt (pre-order) from the outlet. Without it, we cannot allow collection.
- What if I forget to bring my confirmation email or official receipt (pre-order) slip?
Unfortunately, we cannot allow collection without a confirmation email print out or official receipt (pre-order) slip.
- What if I accidentally deleted my confirmation email or lost my official receipt (pre-order)
Kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org for a new one.
- What if I forget to collect my cakes?
Uncollected cakes will be discarded after 24 hours without notice. No refund will be given for uncollected cakes as cost and labour has gone into making of the cakes.
- How should I transport my cake back?
The best way to transport a cake is either in the back of a van or SUV. If none of those options are available, it is possible to transport a smaller sized cake in the floorboard of a car, however this is a last resort due to the potential for damage. Under no circumstances can a cake be transported on a vehicle seat! Please prepare the back of the van or SUV in advance of picking up the cake by clearing out any loose objects and vacuuming/shaking out any debris. It is imperative that your vehicle have a working cooling unit (air conditioning). Please run it before your pick up until the car’s interior is cool. Allowing pets to be in the car during a cake transport is strongly discouraged. Driver must take extreme caution, keeping the vehicle level at all times, especially when turning corners, and cannot accelerate, corner, or brake aggressively.
4. DELIVERY INFORMATION:
- Which areas do you deliver to?
Deliveries are available within Klang Valley. We currently outsource our delivery services to a professional delivery company.
- What is the delivery time frame?
Deliveries are between Tuesdays to Sundays, 12pm to 8pm.
- Can I choose a specific time for delivery?
Yes you can, the delivery time is between Tuesdays to Sundays, 12pm to 8pm. Please indicate the preferred time of delivery at checkout.
- How much do you charge?
The charges range from RM10 to RM60 (before GST) depending on the location.
- How many attempts will be made?
Only 1 attempt will be made. After the failed attempt at delivery, the item(s) are returned to Gula Cakery. No refund on merchandise and delivery charges will be given. If you would like to have the item re-delivered, you will be responsible for the re-delivery charges.
- Can I make changes to the delivery address after I place an order?
We cannot make any changes to the delivery address once your online order is placed. Orders placed online begin processing immediately in our system to ensure order fulfillment and delivery time. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
5. HANDLING AND STORAGE INFORMATION:
- How should I handle my cake upon collection/ delivery?
Cakes are extremely fragile, please handle with extra care. You are required to sign a release form to acknowledge you have received the cake in good condition. We will not be held responsible for any damage caused by improper handling by the customer.
Upon arrival at the event venue, be sure to set up the cake in a cool display area away from sunlight (and away from anywhere sunlight might move) without delay.
- How do I store my cakes?
We recommend that you refrigerate your cakes after collection/ delivery if you plan to consume them at a later time. To thaw them, leave them at room temperature for 2-3 hours before they are to be served. (except for cheesecakes, please serve immediately from refrigerator).
- How should I serve the cakes?
Thaw the cakes for 2-3 hours before serving (except for cheesecakes which are served immediately). Always use a sharp knife when cutting the cakes as the cakes are very soft and fluffy.
- I accidentally dropped/ damaged my order. Can you help me fix it?
A surcharge of 50% of retail value is applicable for all cake rescue caused by customers’ mishandling (subject to damaged condition and working hours). If your damaged item is beyond repair, we have the right to decline repair services.
- What if I am not satisfied with my order?
Please email us at email@example.com
- Can my 2.5 year old child join the Little Chef class?
Little Chef classes are for kids aged 3 to 6 years old. Your child can join the class if he or she is turning 3 that year.
- Is it safe?
The baking utensils are kids friendly and usage of kitchen equipments such as mixers and ovens will be supervised by the teachers.
- Can I accompany my kids in class?
Sorry, we do not allow parents in the classroom. We would like to encourage the kids to be independent and have fun learning and making friends. We appreciate your understanding on this matter.
- What is the teacher child ratio in the class?
1 teacher to a maximum of 5 children (Little Chef).
1 teacher to a maximum of 8 children (Junior Chef).
- Can I arrange for a private class for my child?
Yes of course, kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you have school holiday programmes for children?
We conduct special school holiday programmes, such as baking camps during major school holidays. Please watch out for special announcements and schedules on our website and social media platforms.
- What if my child has allergies?
We recommend that you err on the side of caution and please inform the teachers should your child has any food allergies.
- Can I send my child who has special needs, for example, if he/ she is autistic?
Yes, we welcome children with special needs into our baking classes. Special attention will be given by our teacher to make them feel as comfortable as possible, while enjoying the class with their friends.
- What if my child does not want to stop crying and participate in the activities?
The teachers will try their best to console and encourage your child to participate, but we may not be able to provide our fullest attention to your child only. We appreciate your understanding on this matter.
- Can my child purchase the kids baking utensils?
At the moment, we do not have any kids baking utensils for sale.
- Does my child need to bring anything to class?
Not at all! Aprons, caps and baking utensils will be provided.
- Do I get to bring back my baked goods or creations?
Yes you do.
- Do I have to share the baked goods in a group class?
Yes, you will share the baked goods with your team members.
- How many people bake in a team during the group classes?
For group classes, it is 4 students in a team.
- Is it a hands-on class?
Yes, the classes are hands-on and you will also get the recipe and tips in the process.
- Can I bring my child to my scheduled private baking class?
Yes, you can bring your children below 12 years old to the classroom. A small play area in the classroom is available to keep them occupied.
- Can I bring my spouse/ friend to my scheduled private baking class?
Sorry, only the student(s) is/ are allowed into the private baking class (except if you are bringing your children who are below 12 years old).
- Is lunch or refreshments provided?
Lunch is provided for all adults baking classes.
- What do we need to bring to class?
Just your passion to learn 🙂
- Can I choose the recipes?
For group classes, we will determine the recipes up-front. For private classes, you may choose your own recipes.
- Can I custom the private classes for my group of friends?
Yes, private classes can be customised for 2 people to 16 people. Email email@example.com to enquire.
- Can I custom the wedding cake according to my own design?
Yes definitely! Share your vision with us and we can custom your cake according to your wedding theme, colours and preference. Our specialty is using butter cream and fresh flowers arrangements.
- How early do I need to place my order for a custom wedding cake?
A minimum notice of 7 days is required for custom wedding cakes.
- Do you deliver and assemble the cakes at wedding venue?
Yes we will deliver and assemble cakes which are complex in design, or cakes which are 2-tier onwards.
- Can I have different flavours for each tier?
Yes, the flavour for each tier can be different, selected from our range of available flavours.
- Can the fresh flowers on the cake be eaten?
No, we are afraid the fresh flowers on the cake are for decorative purposes only. Please do not consume the fresh flowers on the cake.
- Is it hygienic to put fresh flowers on the cake?
We wrap the stems of the flowers first before arranging them in/ on the cake.
- How often do you host Pasar Gula?
We hosted our first Pasar Gula in April 2016. We plan to have it on an annual basis.
- Where is Pasar Gula located?
The first Pasar Gula was located in our outlet in Kota Kemuning.
- Can I join as a vendor?
Sure! Watch out for special announcements on our website or social media platforms for vendor registration.
PARTIES OR PRIVATE EVENTS
- How early do I need to place my booking?
We need at least 10 days’ notice and confirmation, to plan for the special event. We recommend booking as early as possible to secure the date.
- Do I need to pay a security deposit?
Yes, a deposit of RM1,000 or 50% of the total bill (whichever is lower) is required to secure your booking. Payment can be made at our outlet.
- Can I engage other vendors or caterers as well?
Sorry, but we do not allow outside food into our outlet for safety reasons.
- Can I bring my own birthday cake?
Sorry, but we do not allow outside food into our outlet for safety reasons. This includes birthday cakes as well.
- Can you arrange for entertainment such as clown magic shows?
Yes, we can arrange for various entertainment and party activities such as clown magic shows, face painting, sand art activities, bouncy castle, mascots and many more.
- Do you have tents available for parties of more than 60 pax?
For big crowd parties that exceeds our café seating capacity of approximately 60 pax, tents and outdoor seating can be arranged.
- For a smaller party, can I pay for half the package but still get the entire café space?
Sorry, our booking for private events space is fixed package. For smaller parties, we suggest considering reserving seats and ordering your food in advance. The café would still be open to public.